THE ANDHRA PRADESH ADVOCATES’ WELFARE FUND ACT, 1987 Rules Book
Sec 4. ESTABLISHMENT OF WELFARE FUND COMMITTEE
- The Government may, by notification establish with effect on and from such date as may be specified therein. a committee to be called the Andhra Pradesh Advocates‘ Welfare Fund Committee.
- The committee shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and shall by the said name sue and be sued.
- The Committee shall consists of-
- The Chairman of the Bar Council who shall be the Chairman of the Welfare Fund Committee, ex-officio:
- The Advocate-General of Andhra Pradesh, ex-officio;
- The Secretary to Government, Law and Legislative Affairs, ex-officio;
- The Secretary to Government, Law (Courts), ex-officio;
- The Secretary to Government, Revenue Department, ex-officio;
- The Registrar, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, ex-officio;
- Three members nominated by the Bar Council from amongst its members, as far as possible one each from the regions of Coastal Andhra , Telangana and Rayalseema of whom one shall be nominated by the Committee as the Treasurer of the Fund.
- The Secretary to the Bar Council who shall be Secretary, ex-officio of the Welfare Fund Committee without voting rights. Provided that the Secretary shall be paid such sum as honorarium from the Advocate’s Welfare Fund as the Committee may determine from time to time, for the services rendered by him.
- A member elected from the Bar Council under clause (g) of sub-section (3) shall hold office for a term of five years or for the duration of his membership in the Bar Council, whichever is less.